2019 Mercury 450R - 20 in. Shaft
Call for Price
Phantom Black, Graphite Grey Accent Panel
450R - 20 in. Shaft
We know what moves you. Freedom. Wide-open throttles in wide-open spaces. This is the outboard you’ve been waiting for. Meet the supercharged Mercury Racing 450R.
- Unrivaled Performance: Make a statement with dynamic power for slingshot acceleration. Designed, tested, and assembled in Wisconsin by the performance experts at Mercury Racing, the supercharged 450R delivers exhilarating performance across the entire RPM range.
- Supercharged 4.6-Liter V8: The 450R is infused with Mercury Racing DNA. With generous displacement, supercharged induction, and Mercury Racing Quad Cam Four Valve (QC4) design the V8 FourStroke 450R cranks out the most outboard speed and power ever offered by Mercury Racing.
- Power to Weight Ratio: The numbers don’t lie. The 450R has the best power-to-weight ratio in its class.
- Top speed and Acceleration: Truly unrivaled performance. The 450R is the fastest, most powerful outboard ever offered by Mercury Racing.
- Water-cooled Supercharger: A 2.4-liter belt-driven, twin-screw supercharger delivers zero-lag pressure charging for instant throttle response. The water-cooled supercharger and twin charge-air coolers increase intake air density for higher torque. An electronic boost bypass valve automatically responds to changing conditions.
- Transient Spark: Instantly responsive. The 450R applies pre-programmed timing advance, optimizing torque output for lightning-quick hole shot performance.
- Inspired Engineering: Performance without compromise. From the cowl to the prop, Mercury Racing engineers sought to redefine the capability of our highest-performance outboard motor. The 450R is armed with battle-tested design features and innovative technology.
- Gearcase Options: The surface piercing Sport Master gearcase delivers race-proven performance for boats capable of speeds exceeding 85 mph, with low water pick-ups and a crescent leading edge to maximize efficiency and speed. The available cambered skeg counters prop torque for improved control in single-engine installations. The 450R is also available with the 5.44 HD gearcase designed for submerged applications.
- Advanced Midsection: The 450R was engineered for life at wide-open throttle. The rugged Advanced MidSection (AMS) features heavy-duty guide plates and stiffened engine mounts to stabilize the outboard for enhanced high-speed handling. AMS isolates the powerhead from the transom to ensure run quality is smooth and quiet at all speeds.
- Tie Bar Bracket: An integral rear tie bar bracket provides a strong, ultra-light mounting point and uncluttered installation for catamaran and other multi-engine rigging.
- Personalized Power: The 450R is easily configurable for a variety of applications. Choose your options including gearcase, tie bar, and accent colors, plus available Joystick Piloting for Outboards (JPO).
- Advanced Technology: We pursue innovation. Mercury Racing applies technology to elevate every aspect of the high-performance boating experience. The 450R offers power, control, reliability and convenience that will shatter the expectations of the most-demanding powerboaters on the water.
- Six Motors, One Control: Pack your transom with horsepower. The 450R features a compact design and slim-line cowl that accommodates 26-inch center-to-center mounting on multi-engine transoms. Throttle up to six outboards with a single lever using Mercury digital controls.
- Digital Controls: Mercury Racing Zero Effort digital controls provide smooth shifting and instant response while eliminating cable maintenance.
- Joystick Piloting for Outboards: Available for boats rigged with two to six outboards, JPO provides intuitive 360-degree boat control for maneuvering in tight quarters plus Skyhook® sea-holding features and integrated auto piloting.
- Adaptive Speed Control: Adaptive Speed Control automatically holds engine rpm as load or conditions change to maintain boat speed with less throttle input.
- Alternator and Idle Charging: Exclusive Idle Charge technology automatically senses low battery voltage and increases idle RPM to boost alternator output.
- Top Cowl Service Door: Pop it open for routine engine oil checks without removing the cowl. An integrated latch and carry handle eases cowl removal for service.
- Unparalleled Efficiency: No wasted weight. No wasted fuel. No wasted hours. The 450R offers durability and efficiency that rivals its impressive performance. Every ounce of each component was scrutinized to achieve maximum power with minimal weight. Reliability is built in, so you can run Wide Open with confidence.
- Optimized Fueling: Go further. The 450R features a closed-loop fuel-control system that squeezes every bit of power from every drop of fuel.
- 89 Octane Pump Gas: Convenient combustion. The 450R delivers reliable, powerful performance on readily available 89-octane fuel.
- Three-Year Limited Warranty: We back up our performance with a three-year limited factory warranty, a three-year corrosion warranty and an available Mercury Product Protection Plan for up to five additional years of coverage.
- Unwavering Durability: Validated with countless hours of rigorous testing, the 450R is prepared for the abuse of high-speed performance boating. The Quad Cam valve train is maintenance-free and our corrosion protection system is unmatched.
- Rated Horsepower: 450
- kW: 336
- Idle RPM: 600
- Max RPM at Full Throttle: 5800-6400
- Cylinders/Engine Configuration: V8 [64 degree] with 32-valve Dual Overhead Cam [DOHC]
- Displacement (Cubic Inch, CID) / (Liters, L): 279 CID / 4.6L
- Bore & Stroke (in.) / (mm): 3.6 in x 3.4 in / 92 mm x 86 mm
- Induction System: Supercharged with Charge Air Cooling and Electronic Boost Control
- Midsection Design: Advanced Midsection with heavy-duty guide plates and stiffened engine mounts for enhanced high-speed handling
- Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) Computer Controlled
- Fuel Requirements: Unleaded Regular 89 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 95 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Ignition System: SmartCraft PCM 112 Digital Inductive
- Charging System: 115-amp (1449 Watt)
- Starting: SmartStart Electric
- Exhaust System: Selectable
- Cooling System: Water-cooled with thermostat control
- Lubrication System: Integrated wet sump with oil cooler
- Oil Requirements: NMMA Certified FCW SAE 25W-50
- Oil Capacity (qts) / (L): 7.0 Quarts / 6.6 Liters
- Engine Management System: SmartCraft PCM 112
- Throttle and Shift Controls: Digital Throttle & Shift
- Engine Protection System: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Trim/Tilt System: Power trim and tilt
- Maximum Tilt Range: 73° (-6° to 67°)
- Maximum Trim Range: 20° (-6° to 14°)
- Troll Control: 600-1200 RPM
- Gearcase 450R: 5.44” HD
- Gear Ratio: 1.60:1
- Cambered Skeg: Available
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Dry Weight (lbs./kg): L - 20": 689/313 (450R)
- Steering Angle: +/- 30 degrees
- Steering: Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering with Integral Steering Cylinder
- Mounting Centers: 26”
- CARB Star Rating: 3-Star
- Colors: Phantom Black or Cold Fusion White
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited
NOTES:Dry weight refers to base engine without liquids, battery cables, bolt-on steering components, mounting hardware, or propeller/hub kits. Add 13 pounds (5.90 kilograms) for rear tie-bar models. CARB Star Rating: Worldwide emissions calibration certification.
- Engine Type
- V8 [64 deg.] with 32-valve Dual Overhead Cam [DOHC]
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.6 in. x 3.4 in. (92 mm x 86 mm)
- 279 CID (4.6L)
- SmartStart Electric
- Shaft Length
- 20 in.
- 689 lb. (313 kg)
- Trim Method
- Power trim and tilt
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 450 hp
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5800-6400 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 1.60:1 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- Supercharged with Charge Air Cooling and Electronic Boost Control
- 115-amp (1449 Watt)
- Water-cooled with thermostat control
- Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering with Integral Steering Cylinder
- 3-Year Limited